We’re proud to announce $500 from sales has been donated to local organization, Operation Stand Down Rhode Island (OSDRI). Founded in 1993 OSDRI is an independent 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded by former United States Marine, Anthony DeQuattro.
Their mission is to strengthen the veteran community by providing crucial wrap-around services for homeless and at-risk veterans. Those services include supportive transitional housing, intensive care management, basic human needs assistance such as food and clothing, and an employment training and placement program. OSDRI serves Active Duty Military Personnel, National Guard, Reservists, Veterans and Military Families.
- The leading causes of homelessness among veterans are PTSD, social isolation, unemployment, and substance abuse.*
- Veterans account for 100% of homeless adults in the U.S.*
- Veterans often have a problem finding a job due to a combination of factors that may or may not include mental or physical problems and substance abuse. Statistics show that unemployment is the primary reason for veteran poverty and homelessness in the US.*
- Affordable healthcare is also a great issue–according to the New Harvard-Public Citizen Study around 1.53 million veterans are uninsured and 2 million can’t afford healthcare.*
Where Our Donation Goes:
88 Veteran Families Housed in OSDRI owned units
2,000+ Veterans Households served
1,000,000+ Retroactive VA Distability Benefits Recovered for Veterans
300 over 600,000+ in Temporary Rental Assistance/Veteran Households
460 served by OSDRI’s Legal Program
150+ Veterans participated in OSDRI’s Pandemic Response Stand Down Weekend
200+ Veteran and Veteran spouses received Employment and Training Assistance
1,000+ Visits by Veterans to the OSDRI Food Pantry
Other Ways to Help:
1. Host a food drive for OSDRI Food Pantry.
2. Host a collection or make donations to OSDRI Hygiene Program.
3. Participate in Peer to Peer fundraising.
4. Become a volunteer.
Thank you for so much for helping us give back. If you’d like to further support Operation Stand Down Rhode Island and their initiatives click here to see how you can help. If you are a Veteran seeking assistance and would like to learn more click here.